Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cool Book Display



I have been looking for a way to display books face out in my shop that wouldn't take up a lot of floor space. It has been the source of much discussion because they needed to:
  1. look good
  2. not cost much
Lucky for me I have brilliant friends and this week one of them suggested I use rain gutters! Seriously, what a flipping brilliant idea! I have seen them used to hold spools of ribbon while drooling over craft room pictures on the many blogs I stalk follow but had never seen them used for books.  All I had to do was Google "rain gutter book shelves" and I found lots of posts about them (leading me to believe that I obviously need to follow more blogs). 
Since this is Canada it cost me a bit more to make than most of the posts suggested, it was around $50 to buy the gutters, brackets and end caps at my local Rona but I love the way it looks. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...