Sunday, January 2, 2011

If you can't find what you need, build it!

IMG_3012 (2)

Today was an amazing day! I designed (and built with the help of my DH) my first custom piece of furniture which will house all of our electronic equipment and also serve as a secret doorway to our under-the-stairs storage space. I have wanted to create a hidden doorway ever since I saw this post. I can't wait for it to be finished so I can take pictures of the completed project but for now I will show you my 365 photo for today... a "before shot", can you see why a new cabinet was needed? Seriously this drove me mental every time I walked past it!

Off to bed for me, tomorrow is part two of the build... sanding, painting & installing (and of course picture taking).

***January 5th Update: We are still building and it is looking awesome, just a little more detail was needed before I was happy with the end result.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...