Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine Mantel

I have been loving all the Valentine Mantels that are popping up in all my favorite blogs. When my kids were small I decorated for every holiday but I no longer have anyone bringing home a plethora of crafts from school to display so over the years it just fell by the wayside. In an effort to brighten things up and try to forget there is lots of winter left, I decided to attempt a Valentine Mantel of my own.

IMG_0165

Since I am determined to not waste money in 2011, I shopped around the house for things to use and discovered that I don't have much anymore for valentine decor but I did manage to find a few things that would work.

Like this Christmas ornament that was too pretty to pack up after Christmas:
IMG_3073

And this little figurine that Randy gave me years ago:
IMG_0157

And this clock that was a gift from a friend:
IMG_0161

I grabbed a frame from my shop and printed out this subway art from eighteen25 :
IMG_0162

I used some other frames and odds and ends from my scrapbook stash to make these:
IMG_0160
IMG_0158

And used some 12x12 canvases that I had been saving for another project to make the LOVE art on the wall (and I just attached everything with glue dots so I can take them off later and still paint my canvases).
IMG_0163

I kind of like how it turned out, it certainly brightens up the living room and it makes me smile. The best part is it was absolutely free! Mission accomplished!

I'm linking up to the following parties, check them out!


Valentine's Mantel Linky


Today's Creative Blog

Visit thecsiproject.com


6 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks really gorgeous Gayle!! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how creative the blogs are with Valentine's Day decorating! Love your ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome valentine decor - thank you for sharing! And inspiring!!
    Jennifer McIntyre
    @atthebluebarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mantle and the LOVE canvases turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww.. that's adorable!!! i am a design junkie, but have NEVER done a valentine mantle! or seen one til lately! great job & might have just inspired me a teensy bit! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...