Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Ordinary Life

March-11,-2011
Never have I been so thankful for my ordinary life… my quiet little town… my tidy little house…
I have watched the news until I just can’t do it anymore, the footage of the wall of water sweeping across Japan destroying everything in it’s wake brings me to tears.  As I went about the day yesterday, driving to the grocery store, picking up my green tea latte at Starbucks, the magnitude of all those lives being swept away in an instant overwhelmed me with sadness.
Yet another reminder of how blessed I really am.
Yes, the snow is still piled up around me and it is cold outside but I am safe and warm inside my home (that we own), and my family is safe and warm inside their homes.
If I am hungry I can go to my kitchen and find it full of food to eat. If I don’t want to cook, we can go to any restaurant we want and have a meal.
I have a closet full of clothes to wear and more shoes than any one person really needs.
Most importantly I have a wonderful husband who works hard and believes in me enough to let me leave my job to start my own business. I have children who have grown into intelligent and caring young adults.
My life is not exciting or glamorous; it is quiet and predictable and I like it that way. We don’t have the biggest house or fastest car but I am happy with what I have, there are others who have so much less.
Today, as most Saturdays I will do laundry and cook meals, check email and listen to iTunes and curl up for a movie night with my husband. I will do all those things with a grateful heart for I am truly blessed with my ordinary life!
Blogsignature_edited-1

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful, thoughtful post Gayle! Sometimes the very best part of the day is just the ordinary isn't it? I found your blog on BYW. I am doing the class too and loving it. I look forward to following you.
    Lindsay
    www.lovedesigncompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle. Happy I found your blog and look forward to following you:) Your sentiments on this post are shared by me too ~ like you've been reading my mind.
    ~Cindy
    RetroRevivalBiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...