Monday, April 4, 2011

Finding focus with a photo a day - A CY365 Blog Hop

When I left my job to start my own business and work from home one of my main goals was to slow down and learn to appreciate the little things in life.



I am using my Project 365 to help me accomplish that goal and one of the things that is helping me stick with my project is Capture Your 365.  I’ve written about Katrina and her amazing photography classes before, they got me off the auto setting on my camera.  Now with Capture Your 365 her daily photo prompts are helping me to see the world through new eyes.


March 19 for blog

I am noticing textures, shadows and colours so much more.

April 2 with date

I am stopping to get out of the car and look around me… this is the road I take several times a week to the city, Katrina’s prompt to photograph lines made me pay attention during my drive, looking for lines to capture.


March 17 for blog

I am playing with light, even more now that the days are getting longer.


April 4th with date copy

I take my camera almost everywhere, but there are times when I leave it at home… even then I use my trusty Instagram app on my iphone to capture a moment.

photo

I am learning to "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
 
I don’t know what I will do with all these photos at the end of my year, perhaps put them all together in a book.  I am slowly adding them to a blog I set up just for my 365 photos then I will have them all in one place when I decide what else to do with them.

I would have loved to have a glimpse into a year in the life of my ancestors.  Who knows what the day to day life of my grandchildren will look like, our world is changing so fast I can’t even begin to imagine.

I’ll just focus on my world, right now, one day at a time.



If you are arriving here from Life... as I see it via the CY365 Blog hop, Welcome!  That’s a little glimpse into my Project 365, the next stop on the blog hop is the very talented Tracy from New Zealand. 

There are so many talented photographers sharing their lives through their 365 photos in the CY365 gallery and 13 are joining in the blog hop! The whole list is below please stop by and leave them a comment!


Blogsignature_edited-1


 Capture Your 365 Blog Hop List

1. Jill jillconyers.typepad.com
2. Me
3. Tracy tracyannelittle.com
4. Anne limeblog.net
5. Sarah blog.three8sphotography.com
6. Sharon sharonlinnefaulk.com/photo
7. Michelle ourhereandnow.blogspot.com
8. Katrina captureyour365.com
9. Kathleen jkplusthree.blogspot.com
10. Erika imhangingwithmypeeps.blogspot.com
11. Gabi gabirytirova.typepad.com
12. Christi randomactsofchristi.blogspot.com
13. Joey everydayimagination.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing that we are looking at things differently thanks to this project? Awesome photos, Gayle. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are fantastic, Gayle. You're right, they might just be the big things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos, and that is one of my favorite quotes. Thanks for sharing your project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos! I love the green float, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great images! I like your use of Ali's frames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photos! I love your April 2nd photo. I used the same AE overlays last year for my 365 photos. :)

    When I work on my 365 I think about who will look at it in the future and I've always wondered what something like this would have looked like if my grandma would have done something like this. (I'm sure you read about it on my post.) LOL

    I love your blog and will be adding it to my google reader. Looking forward to seeing more or your 365. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your line photo! I have to remember to bring my camera with me more often, to capture some glimpses of what I do every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos Gayle, it is so cool to be part of this journey with you. Your photography is outstanding, I love the simple things and they way you have presented your photos is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post Gayle and your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gayle,

    Having enjoyed "getting to know you" through Capture Your 365. I work at home as well and share similar goals. Your perspective was inspirational.

    Looking forward to sharing more in the upcoming months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading your post and seeing your photos!

    "I’ll just focus on my world, right now, one day at a time." My absolute favorite phrase.

    Thanks for being part of CY365

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your comments about learning to use your camera, and the classes you took, are pushing me to do the same! I'm doing PL and OLW - and searching [supposed to be] for a new job since I was laid off almost one year ago. I think I have to wait for the photography classes. But now I know where to go! Thank you.

    Your photos are splendid; I love April 4's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic photos Gayle, your photography is great! Is that Sunnyside Road? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love the fence photo! Sorry to be so late to the comment love party! Fabulous and can't wait to do this next month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! Love all your pics. I should really learn how to use my camera better, I'm a "auto" girl too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...