Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A rebirth (of sorts)

Wow, I can't believe it has been three months since my last post, the time really has flown by!  It seems like just yesterday that a comment when I was at my friend Sue's getting a manicure launched a chain of events that I was not expecting to happen at all.


As some of you know, I started an on-line business from my home when I "retired" from library land in 2010 and it has been slowly growing. I'm getting orders from the website and doing lots of local trade fairs and such. When I first left the library I was quite content to stay in my jammies all day and work from home but after a while I began missing daily contact with people. I was getting restless and wasn't sure what my next move would be. Then came the day when Sue mentioned that the candy store that she shared the building with was closing... and the wheels started turning. After talking things over with Mr. B I decided to turn my little on-line business into an honest to goodness brick and mortar store! Yikes!

Before


Before I knew it, I was writing a cheque for the first months rent and we were in demolition/renovation mode to turn the space into my new store. Of course, we had a few breaks along the way for friends and family visiting from out of town but on the 5th of June, Lilypad Lane Children's Boutique was open for business.

After

Now that I have the first month under my belt and life is starting to settle into a semblance of a routine, I am back in blogland! I'm hoping to reestablish a regular blogging schedule (and cooking and cleaning schedule at home, fingers crossed), so I hope you stop by and visit once in a while!




6 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations - I hope your shoppe is a big success. Keep us posted, won't you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle! So pleased to hear from you over on my blog today! Welcome back to blog land - I've missed you. You were very much missed over at LOAD so I do hope that you'll be joining us over there at Scrap Happy for the October load?!?

    I am so thrilled for you with regards to your wonderfully pretty, scrumptious business! Go you! What a brave step and I can only imagine that you will be successful beyond your dreams! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I wish you lots of success, the store looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new business Gayle! I am so excited for you! The store looks awesome! Kudos to your for chasing your dreams! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi (aka move4life)October 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM

    Gayle - Just seeing this!! I'm only about 3 1/2 mos late ;) Hoping that if you see this, it finds you BUSY running your business. And happy. And if I lived in AB still, I'd definitely visit Lilypad Lane :) :) Looks AWESOME. Heidi (aka move4life from Lain's LOAD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...