Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Days of Pinterest Challenge Day 15: Star Garland

_MG_4119

I cut out way more stars than I needed for my wreath on day 13 so today I used them to make a star garland based on a photo I pinned from notonthehighstreet.com.

The idea was simple enough, just stitch the layered stars together…..

_MG_4103

My paper was too heavy for three layers like the example so I only did two and when I hung it for the first time the stars twisted so all you could see was the white back.

Note to self: next time use double-sided patterned paper.

My solution was to hot glue some ribbon to the backs to stabilize them.

_MG_4104

I finished the ends off with black satin ribbon:

_MG_4125

A quick and easy garland that’s a great way to use up paper scraps!

_MG_4112

I am not normally a very disciplined person so sticking with this Challenge for 15 is a real accomplishment for me! Back to Pinterest to find my project for tomorrow!

Blogsignature_edited-1

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Definitely one of my favs so far! Easy but cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going to make a longer one with smaller solid colour stars for the tree in my store. Very cute and easy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...