Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Days of Pinterest Challenge Day 16: Pot Holders, Take Two!

I don’t know what it is about quilting that intimidates me… not the quilt blocks really, it’s the putting it all together part that gets me. I thought for sure that I would be able to pull off a couple of simple potholders without a problem.

The tutorial from the blog Prudent Baby seemed easy enough. I started them as my project on day 14 and I breezed through the whole thing until I got to the binding… There are no pictures of them in progress because I got mad and threw the whole thing in the trash and deleted all my pictures.

After two days to regain my composure I fished them out of the trash (it was just fabric scraps, really) and decided to give them another try.

Potholders

Other than the fact that I forgot the loop to hand them with I think they turned out alright.

_MG_4129

I love the pocket design… enough that I’m even considering attempting to make more than two… but not today!

Blogsignature_edited-1

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh - alot...I so enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the things you make..and it's nice to know that if a crafty person like you can get fed up and frustrated, that there may be just the tiniest sliver of hope for someont like me....
    Thanks Gayle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome... I'm like Martha Stewart but with wine, swearing and lots of temper tantrums!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...