Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Pinterest Challenge Day 21: Joy Art

These last ten days I am working on getting ready for Christmas. 

I am not a follower of the “putting your tree up in November” camp so I am starting with my living room mantel or as I call it, my fantel (my faux mantel… someday I will have the real thing).

I was inspired by an idea pinned from the rock star blogger Thrifty Decor Chick. I have been saving a roll of textured wall paper for a while waiting for just the right project.

_MG_4237

I wrapped three 16x20 canvases with the textured paper and gave them several coats of a yummy Rich Garnet paint.

_MG_4249

I scored three MDF letters on clearance at Michaels that were primed black so I decided to leave them black (less work for me, I am trying to get one of these done every day).

_MG_4247

I’m afraid my final photo is another late night, terrible light shot…

Joy Wall Art

Just need to add some greenery and the mantel will be done! Believe me when I say it looks much better in real life! Damn Alberta winters with darkness at 5pm!

Blogsignature_edited-1

1 comments:

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...