Friday, November 4, 2011

30 Days of Pinterest Challenge Day 4: Pocket Monsters

Hmmm, there may be a theme happening here…. my original idea for today has morphed into Pocket Monsters!!!


_MG_3947

I started out just planning on making pocket warmers, little rice filled shapes that you microwave for 30 seconds and then put in your pockets to keep your hands warm.  The photo I had pinned was of a heart shape, cute but kind of boring.

While I was digging though my felt bin to find pieces to use for hearts, I was inspired by the bright happy colours to make these:

_MG_3944

The faces were inspired by the cute little aliens that I had pinned here.

_MG_3946

I just freehanded the cutting of the bodies, eyes and teeth and used my rather rusty embroidery skills to add the other features.  Once they were filled with rice (my monsters are health nuts, only brown rice for them) and sewn shut they were ready for duty!

These little guys will be perfect for keeping your pockets toasty warm this winter!

_MG_3950

I loved watching their personalities come to life!

_MG_3951

I think they will go nicely with my Boogie Monsters, don’t ya think?  Seems I am enamoured with monsters these days.

_MG_3952

Our winters here are long, dark and cold… I think my monsters will help brighten those cold days!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blogsignature_edited-1

2 comments:

  1. Gayle, those are adorable! Such a good idea to have pocket sized heat bags for hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your pocket monsters are so cute. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...