Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Pinterest Challenge Day 8: In the Kitchen

This kind of feels like cheating but I did say at the beginning that it could be a recipe!

Crock pot meals are my favourite, especially those that require very little effort! This one got a two thumbs up rating for ease and for taste, it was delicious (and healthy but you don’t have to tell anyone that, they’ll never be able to tell).

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

My pin was from the blog Photo A Day but the original recipe came from Skinnytaste.com

_MG_4005

Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (I used two cans of corn)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (I used one 28 oz can of plain diced tomatoes)
1 packet taco seasoning (I used 4 tsp Epicure taco seasoning)
1 tbsp cumin (OK, I thought I had cumin but the jar was empty so I left this out)
1 tbsp chili powder (I also left this out but not on purpose, I forgot to add it)
(3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I hate, repeat hate, the taste of cilantro so I skipped this one too)

Directions:
    Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

    _MG_4008

    Even with all my changes this was really, really good (and gluten free)!!! I will be making this again for sure.


    Blogsignature_edited-1

    1 comments:

    1. Wow, too weird, but I just made this same thing I think last week!!! I got the recipe from allrecipes.com, and it's a bit different (canned corn rather than frozen) I think, but basically the same! Anyway, I loved it too! I'm totally into crockpot recipes these days, so if you come across any others, clue me in! Roxy.

      ReplyDelete

    I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...