Monday, December 5, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

I don’t know if I’ve said it here before but I really don’t like to cook.  If I could afford it I would pay someone else to do all the cooking for me.  I am lucky that I married someone who doesn’t mind pitching in but if it was up to him we would live off steak… and maybe the occasional potato… or chicken cooked with a beer can…

Bottom line is that I need to plan ahead because if I don’t it’s just too easy to grab something unhealthy.  My secret weapon? Plan To Eat! I started with a free 30 day trial but it’s worth every penny to pay $39 for a year long membership. It stores my recipes, lets me schedule my meals and automatically creates a shopping list. I love it! I used to print off the recipes and keep them in a binder but now I just use my iPad:

_MG_4375

Have I mentioned that I love my iPad? I know, I know you should love people not things but I LOVE my iPad! (Don't judge me)

Mondays are my days off and my favourite way to start the week is to plan my menu for the week, pick up a green tea latte and go grocery shopping! Seriously, it makes me happy to have the whole week planned out. If I have time (which I did today) I prepare as much of the weeks food as I can in the afternoon.

On the menu this week:

Monday: Baked Potato Soup
Tuesday: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Wednesday:Baked Chicken Parmesan
Thursday: Shepherds Pie
Friday: Baked Macaroni & Cheese

All the recipes this week came from Skinnytaste.com I haven’t tried a recipe from Gina’s website yet that wasn’t delicious!

Since cooking is not one of my top ten activities I put my “crooner” playlist on shuffle and poured myself a glass of wine (because really, everything is better with some Sinatra & Shiraz) and whipped up this:

_MG_4379

Tonight’s soup with enough leftover for lunches this week, Thursday’s shepherd’s pie, and two baked mac & cheese (one for this week and one for the freezer). I also did all the chopping and grating for Tuesday & Wednesday! I love it when a plan comes together!

No last minute take out crap for us this week!

I’m linking up to:


Blogsignature_edited-1

4 comments:

  1. I am always so much happier when I plan out our meals too. And the best part is, if I plan it, my husband will cook it! He's so much better at cooking than me, it's ridiculous. I'm just on dishes duty then. I always tend to overplan though, since it's just the two of us. I've got to learn to remember about leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Thank you! I am going to try skinnytaste.com! Thanks for the inspiration! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be as organized as you are with meal planning. Even if I planned them, somebody in my house wouldn't want it and I would end up making something else. Can I please come and live with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Gayle, I can't believe you don't like to cook because you're really doing a kick ass job! I don't really like to cook, either, and I'd like to get my act together like you, but I just haven't figured it out yet, haha! Maybe I better go check out your link, hmmmm... Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...