Friday, January 27, 2012

LOAD Blog Hop - Layout A Day 212



If you have been following my blog you may have noticed that I am an “all or nothing” kind of girl… like in November when I posted every day (all) or December when I posted once (nothing). I think that is one of the reasons why I love LOAD so much. For most of the year I am a sporadic scrapbooker (and by sporadic I mean I might do one or two pages a year).

 Except for a LOAD month…. (well, the ones I have actually participated fully in)…


Each day I look forward to that message from Lain in my inbox giving me a gently prod and a dose of inspiration to churn out a layout every... single... day... for a month. Yep, the whole month, every day, and I look forward to it!

If you are already committed to LOAD this February, you can read my post here for some tips to get you started. If you are just thinking about participating..read on…

I want to share with you a few of my personal favourite layouts from past LOADs and some of the things I have learned along the way.

Jace at Summerhill Beach
I have learned to tell the little stories, the ones that live inside the big life changing events… the one’s that I am likely to forget but want to remember.

May 2011 Load2
I’ve learned to document the everyday…

Not all who wander
I’ve learned to not stress about making every layout perfect… sometimes a picture and some words are all you need.

Christmas 1994
I’ve learned it doesn’t matter what order you scrapbook in or if you have perfect photos. I am preserving MY memories here people so I get to make the rules.

2010 in statuses
Last but not least I have learned to have fun with it! Even if it’s a layout where you realize just before you post it that most of your facebook statuses talk about booze or coffee. It’s a month long journey where you will learn to stretch the boundaries of your craft, make new friends and actually finish some scrapbooking pages!

Now head on over to Heather's blog and read her take on the load experience.

There is still time to sign up if you haven’t yet! Just click here to learn more!

If you want to visit the rest of the stops on the Blog Hop, here is the full list:

Margie xnomads.typepad.com
Kelli scrapbookgirl71.blogspot.com
Jennifer atthebluebarn.blogspot.com
Lisa lisahausmann.blogspot.com
Monica scrapinspired.com
Kimberly kimberlykalil.com
Eileen thinkinkpaperscissors.weebly.com
Danielle acoffeeaddict.com
Pam dailypamage.blogspot.com
Katrina k84mansramblings.blogspot.com
Cate lifebehindthepurpledoor.com
Me lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com
Heather heathersdragonsden.blogspot.com
Gina randomthoughtsmindlessmusings.blogspot.com
Kristie kristiesloan.com
Janet khashabfamilymusings.blogspot.com
Lydia  lydiaink.wordpress.com

Blogsignature_edited-1[4]

19 comments:

  1. Love what you say about making your own rules. That is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle - your layouts are very inspirational - I can't wait to visit your uploads on Flickr!
    Jennifer
    @atthebluebarn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I couldn't agree with you more. I love how much we (me) can learn through LOAD. Much like you I'm an all or nothing girl, so I I love the whole intense, go big feeling of LOAD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that Lighthouse is one of all time favorites! Love what you said about learning to tell the little stories within the big story. I think LOAD has really done that for me too! I know I've created layouts I would not have thought to tell with Lain's prompt and this group. Can't wait to see what you do this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you really do a layout about your facebook statuses all relating to coffee or booze? HILARIOUS!!! I love your Christmas layout - well, they're all gorgeous but that one stands out for me! Look forward to seeing what you create in February, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gayle, I love your layouts. There is just something so neat about them! How true that we begin to learn to tell the "little stories." Nicely put!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy seeing your work - I will be doing digital work too during my very first LOAD....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing your pages. Beautiful! You have very heartfelt journaling and well thought out topics. These are going to be so meaningful (and probably already are) for your precious family.

    And the tips are great to remember even for a veteran like me! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your layouts. I am pretty sure I added these as favorites when I first saw them. Super psyched to be playing along with you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi (aka move4life)January 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

    Gayle - so thrilled to see you here and get my fix of Alberta from you this coming month :) (uhhh...I don't really miss Alberta but I digress *wink*). I can't wait to see your LOs hit the gallery next month! They always seem to make their way into my faves :) (and for the record, I stalked a bit here in November at the loveliness that you were making -- there was a lovely post -- fantastic!) Hope the shop is still standing so to speak, Heidi (aka move4life) in Guelph, ON

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thrilled to see you here again Gayle! So so so happy! I agree with Pam and Heidi that so many of your layouts are in my faves. Can't wait to see what you delight us with next month.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gayle - love "preserving my memories so I make the rules". It's such a good thing to remember. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your layouts and the lessons you've learned, especially the "I make the rules" part! If I updated Facebook, it would all be about loud boys and needing wine or coffee. Looking forward to seeing more in LOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I get to see more of your layouts again! I've missed the LOAD community!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you posted about what you learned through LOAD! Fabulous and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great advice, especially about those stories inside wanting to be told. And not worrying about having the perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pages are amazing! Thank you for your support and your enthusiasm for LOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally relate to being an all or nothing person....I'm a new LOADster and am hoping to get a TON done in February!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I just discovered why I like LOAD, thanks to you! I'm just like you, I can go for months without scrapping and then I'll make an album in a week. It all makes sense now :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...