Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Eleven

In Canada, November 11th is Remembrance Day and in our family, it is a sacred day. We join our community, where ever that may be in honouring those who have served and those who still do. It is the day my husband, now retired, joins with his former comrades in arms and reminisces about the “good old days”. It is the day I am proud to be the wife, daughter and sister of someone who donned a uniform in service to their country.

Once an army family, always an army family and today’s project pays homage to that part of our lives. There are lots of Pinterest posts that inspired this project; this map project from Kayla Danielle, this sign project from Etsy, and this project from Everything Fab.

Here is my framed map project:

Home is where the army sends you: Lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com

There are only four maps but they encompass six postings and eight houses. We still gauge the age of our furniture by how many sets of moving stickers are stuck to the bottoms.

I used my Cricut to cut out the vinyl quote for the wall above the maps which I cut from an old atlas.

Home is where the army sends you: Lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com

Sorry for the bad photo but this wall is down a hall in the basement. Now when I walk down that hall I will have a reminder of all the friends we made from coast to coast. I have to admit this is my favourite post so far this month!

Linking up to:


4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Gayle! I'm not part of a military family, but the meaning behind this is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, my husband also retired and I still feel connected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice frames!! They were worth the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this project so much Gayle! I love how it is something sentimental and meaningful and represents your life! Just brilliant! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...