Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Thirteen

Since I had to go gluten free Christmas baking is just not something that happens at our house any more. I used to love making Christmas cookies and taking part in cookie exchanges. Oh well, we adapt and move forward! I am still whipping up a few handmade goodies for some special people. Day 13 brings Caramel Sauce from Betty Crocker!
Life on the Lane: Caramel Sauce

Only four ingredients:

1 cup light corn syrup
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup whipping cream

In 2-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar and butter to boiling over low heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in whipping cream; heat to boiling. Cool about 30 minutes. Serve warm. Store covered in refrigerator up to 2 months. Reheat slightly before serving if desired.

Life on the Lane: Caramel Sauce

I tied a little spoon and a tag on with some ribbon for a cute little gift!

SB was very excited about the caramel sauce when he got home! He has gone out again but I expect him to return home with some vanilla ice cream. I stirred some into my coffee with some steamed milk for my very own caramel macchiato! YUM! If you added some whipped cream and drizzled a little more syrup on the top it would rival anything Starbucks serves!

Some other uses for caramel sauce:

As a dip for apple slices
Drizzled over cheesecake with some pecans
Stirred into hot chocolate
Stirred into apple cider
As a sauce on bread pudding
On oatmeal
On bananas
Caramel fondue
And let’s not forget eating with a spoon!


I'm linking up to:


The Girl Creative

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, It had been a while since I've had time to pop by. Loving this series so far. I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - caramel sauce. Sounds yummy. I've been considering making and ice cream sundae gift box for some people I work with and this would work so well. Although, now that I think of it, maybe a sundae gift box for Christmas is odd and I should wait for the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a sundae gift box is an odd Christmas gift! I did that a few years ago just add some red & green candies and it becomes a Christmas themed sundae party!

      Delete
  3. Love caramel sauce Gayle and it looks so good! I love your new blog look too! Let's do lunch soon? Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good, I had to hide it so I would have some left for gifting! We really do need to do lunch!

      Delete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...