Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Fourteen

Today marks the end of two weeks of daily Pinteresting & blogging, almost the half way point. I am planning on changing things up a bit with my Christmas mantel this year and today’s project is a part of that change. As much as I tried to get this finished when there was still daylight for photos, I had to wait for paint to dry!

DIY Candlesticks: Life on the Lane


These started out as votive holders, wooden candlesticks and wooden plaques. I used gorilla glue on the wood parts and painted them white; for now the glass votive holders are stuck on with giant glue dots.

This was what they looked like before:

Life on the Lane


Not bad, eh? I did have to tear out the metal thingies in the top of the candlesticks, that was the hardest part because they were glued in place.

I was inspired to do this project by all the cool candy apothecary jars made of painted candlesticks, like the one from This Old Chair or from Uncommon Designs. The problem with jars filled with candy is that unless I also glued the lids shut we all know I’d be eating the candy! Candlewax, on the other hand… not so tempting.

What do you think of the white? There will be lots more white in my mantel this year! I can’t wait to get through this weekend so I have time to decorate!

Linking up to the following link parties: The Shabby Creek CottageNo Minimalist HereHouse of Hepworths

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...