Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Four

Today’s pin is based on a product sold on Etsy, I toothbrush/toothpaste roll. I saw, I pinned and I bought some cute facecloths to make my version. Here is where the trouble began….. although it looked cute, when I started to measure mine out I realized that
a) the toothbrush is exposed at the top and
b) if there are two toothbrushes in one they would touch…EWW!
I’m a bit of a germ-a-phobe (i don’t think that’s actually a word but if it is.. I am one) and I just couldn’t bring myself to make mine that way. I packed away the cute facecloths for another day and butchered a small hand towel instead.
_MG_4895

I cut mine at 20 inches and them trimmed the cut edge with ribbon (my facecloths were really cute so I needed to pretty up this brown towel if it was going to fill in).
_MG_4896

I just kind of eyeballed where the fold would be and where I needed to sew lines for pockets (leaving a flap at the top to fold over and protect my toothbrush).
_MG_4898

I also tacked on another piece of ribbon to tie up the roll.
_MG_4899

Pretty darned cute if I do say so myself Smile!
I am actually thinking these would make great gifts to drop off the the food bank. Done with some bright coloured towels from the dollar store and matching ribbon they would be awesome to take to a sleepover.
There you have day 4… completed after a long day at my booth at a Christmas Sale. I think for accomplishing all that I deserve a glass of wine!

Blogsignature_edited-1[4]

10 comments:

  1. Love this idea! So cute! And also the towel would help to absorb wetness from the toothbrush after you use it...which is better than plastic! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too Angie! I always hate putting my toothbrush in those plastic travel thingies because they stay wet!

      Delete
  2. Huh, I'm indulging in a glass of red myself! This is a cute idea, and you're right, it would make handy gifts! Very cute, good job, Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where can I order one of these? How much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think I could find one somewhere for you :)

      Delete
  4. Those are cute. I could see them being useful for kids to take to camp as well so they can wipe their face after doing their teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, germ-a-phobe is a word at our house! As it would at any home that has several in your family or have any that are friends. A major problem with that, it's not good to share info! What one didn't think of on their own, when information is shared, there's more to think of! If I have an idea, and you have an idea, we each have 1 idea. If we share - we each have 2. (Hmmmm that stuff I learned as a Mary Kay consultant, is applicable to more than just business ideas! LOL) My DH will just throw his tooth brush in his suitcase and if they touch shoes, who cares. GAAGGG! And by the way, I'm not even the germ-a-phobe in our group, but I've been well trained! LOL

    All kidding aside, these are just adorable. They would be cute gifts! Thanks for sharing.

    Oh, by the way, your blog was the first time I ever heard of Pinterest! Imagine that! Brought into a new age via a friend from LOAD! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I would throw my toothbrush away if it touched my shoes!!!
      There are still lots of people who don't know about Pinterest, I'm betting my husband wishes I was one of them!

      Delete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...