Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Fifteen

Since today was one of those days that I finally got home for the day 12 hours after I left in the morning, I opted to try a quick cleaning tip that I found on Pinterest. I have a whole board of ideas to be clean and organized because, if I’m being honest, nothing makes me happier than being clean and organized!
This idea for homemade “Goo Gone” comes from the blog No. 2 Pencil.

Life on the Lane: Homemade goo gone

Excuse the bad lighting again… long day.

This is just 2 parts baking soda to 1 part vegetable oil. I tested it on the lid to this pyrex microwave dish that has had the label stuck on it for over a year. I haven’t been able to get the damned label off.

Life on the Lane: Homemade goo gone

It only took a couple of minutes of using the homemade mixture and it was all gone! If it wasn’t so late and I wasn’t so tired I would be looking for more stuff to clean gunk off of just because I can!!

Life on the Lane: Homemade goo gone

Inexpensive and nontoxic! Love it! Now to finish my wine and call it a night!

4 comments:

  1. Great post Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - so simple yet it removed the label. I've been reading back through all your pinterest posts and am mighty impressed. Good for you for getting so many done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace! I have used it for several other things since that post, I love having a non-toxic alternative.

      Delete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...