Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Seventeen

We all know we are supposed to start our days with a healthy breakfast. I have to admit I am not a huge breakfast fan… to be totally honest, I’m just not a morning person. My breakfast has to be quick and easy so when I started to see all these Pinterest posts for egg & hashbrown nests I thought they would be good to have on hand for a quick grab & go breakfast!
Scrambled Egg Nests: Life on the Lane
I adapted mine from a recipe from the website Momaroo.
Scrambled Egg Nests
1 package shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
8 eggs
4 oz shredded cheddar
1 cup diced ham
Preheat oven to 350
Press hash browns into 12 greased muffin tins, forming them into cups. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
While the hash browns are cooking, scramble eggs. I added in chopped ham but you could omit that or add in some chopped veggies, whatever you like in your eggs.
Divide the cheese, add half to the bottom of the “nests”, top with scrambled eggs and then the remainder of the cheese.
Return to oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
You can do a whole weeks worth of breakfast at once! Anyone ever tried to freeze scrambled eggs? I'd love to be able to make a bunch and freeze them!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look good! They would dissapear at my house like no tomorrow! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! They are going fast here, such a great quick breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...