Tuesday, November 20, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Twenty

There are lots of versions of the Santa Key floating around on Pinterest. I really liked the poem that I had pinned from the blog Mom of 5 Kidz.

Our stockings hang upon a wall.
We have no fireplace at all!
You see the problem is quite clear.
Santa, how will you get in here?
We heard a legend. Is it true?
Of magic only you can do.
We'll leave out any plain old key,
and mark it "Santa" so you can see.
Your magic makes the key fit right,
so you can get inside that night.
Thank you Santa, here's our key.
The milk and cookies are on me!

Originally I was going to use embossing powder on a plain key to fancy it up for this project but last night while shopping with a friend we found some cool keys at Michaels for only $1!

Santa Key: Lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com

I used a Christmas card photoshop template that I found at greenbulbgang.com and then printed it on photopaper for an easy little gift idea.

If you would like a copy of my Santa Key card to print, hit the download button below:

I'm linking this post up to Today's Creative Blog!

2 comments:

  1. What a great use of the keys we found last night! Just love this one Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now, what to do with the rest of them???

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...