Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest 2012: Day Two

Today I tackled another project that has been on my list for a while. I picked up some plain white mugs while shopping at Ikea just for this project and they have been staring at me forlornly from the counter in my craft room ever since!

_MG_4861


According to Pinterest, and the blog The Sweetest Occasion if you draw on white dinnerware with Sharpies and then bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350, it won’t wash off!

_MG_4871


So far so good!

_MG_4872


I won’t really know how well they last until I've used them for a while…

_MG_4873


Until you bake them you can wipe off your mistakes with a little window cleaner… the possibilities are only limited by your artistic talents (of which I am clearly lacking).

I do, however have quite a large collection of coloured sharpies so you never know what I might come up with given a little more time Winking smile

Blogsignature_edited-1[4]

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are a brave one - 30 projects in 30 days would probably do me in. I love the mugs you made. I did something similar last Christmas and made Christmas plates using red sharpies. I didn't fire them in the oven since I didn't care if they were permanent since I wanted them for the wall. I did wash the design off many, many, many times in my attempts to get it right. You can see them here: http://gracie-senseandsimplicity.blogspot.ca/2011/12/its-christmastime-in-our-dining-room.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Grace I just love your plates!!! You are much more artist than I! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I had an IKEA - or a Gayle nearby...sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a Facebook message away Michelle!

      Delete
  4. I have so many sharpies in different colours, I think this would be a great family craft night!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...