Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Blogging

They say it take 21 days to make a habit... I'm not sure who "they" are but they have obviously never met me.  In 2011 I blogged for 30 Days of Pinterest, and then promptly dropped out of the blogsphere only to resurface a year later. In 2012 I lasted for 25 days until a flu big knocked me on my butt and I gave up.  That whole 21 day habit theory has been successfully debunked. Yeah, me! I'm like a Mythbuster!


Off and on throughout the year I get asked when I am going to do another 30 Days of Pinterest series.  I thought I would try it when the weather was warmer (you know those 5 months that aren't winter in Alberta) but I'm too busy enjoying the warmth to be sitting at a computer screen.  Summer is for campfires and bike riding and drinking wine on patios.



Now that another November has arrived with it's shorter days and cooler temperatures (although it is a lovely warm day today) I am once again cleaning out my craft room and thinking about blogging. I have however, learned some things in the past couple of years... I have learned to stress less and relax more.  I have adopted more of an attitude of gratitude.  I am looking forward to a winter of reading more books, experimenting with new flavours in my kitchen, making beautiful things in my craft room, volunteering in my community and spending time with my family and friends.

I am looking forward to growing my business:


I am also looking forward to telling stories, I have learned in the past couple of years is that I enjoy being a storyteller.  Not in the conventional way and not always the most grammatically correct but I have stories to tell.  Some of them are private stories, some I am saving for my children and grandchildren (when and if they come), some I will share through this blog.  Like any skill it improves when it is used and when you let it go for a while it takes some practice to get it back again.  I need to rediscover that part of myself, to find my "voice" again.  

So, for the month of November, I plan to blog for 30 days straight. Hopefully it will help me find my voice again. Maybe it will help to build a new habit or maybe not.  Some days I will share a project... after all, taking time to be creative is an important part of who I am.  Some days I will not have the time for more than a few words but I'm ok with that. At the end of the day I will know that I have done my best and that will be enough for me.

I'd love to have you join me on my journey. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I get to watch your blog every day again! Maybe it will inspire me to get mine up and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed a day already! That's what happens when you try to do a million things at once! I am watching and waiting for your first post!

      Delete

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...