Saturday, November 7, 2015

Space Camp, Brownie Style

I am so blessed to have some amazing women in my life, among them are my fellow "owls" in my Brownie unit. This weekend they made a memorable weekend for 18 of our girls with a sleepover all about the stars! One of our owls is an amateur astronomer and brought her telescope so the girls could stargaze but the weather didn't cooperate. We improvised by using a stargazer app to pretend we were laying outside looking up at the sky.


When the rain finally stopped, it was still too cloudy to see stars but we did spend some time outside playing in the dark.



After a snack and a bedtime story they all settled into their sleeping bags for the night.

In the morning we did crafts!

Nebulas in a jar!

Build your own alien!
Making constellations!

And a solar system camp hat craft. I also taught the girls a mnemonic that I use to help me remember the oder of the planets... My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas. The Brownies all agreed they still wanted Pluto in their Solar Systems.

The last activity as the parents were arriving was a little space walk through an asteroid belt. All in all a fabulous time! Now for a shower and a nap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and I read every one of them! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...